I have to admit that this is probably one of my favourite loose leaf tisane blends, as I mentioned previously peppermint is close to my heart when it comes to teas, but I had one of the best compliments at a market in Henley when I showcased this blend, the lady said it was ” the best peppermint tea she had ever had”.
Nothing like a little pick me up and our Pep in Your Step will do just that! This blend was created for another customer who visited our market stall in search for a blend that contained peppermint and ginger. It got my gears spinning, as both can be quite over powering aromatically and flavour on their own. I got my thinking cap on as to how I could make it a more balanced blend. I created a combination of peppermint, strawberry, lemongrass and ginger which complemented each other well. The name didn’t come as easy, I actually think that it may be the hardest part of the process! Luckily my partner was on hand to come up with the perfect name, Pep in Your Step.
- The main ingredient in this blend is Peppermint, a major health benefit that this gives is aiding the digestive system and to read more benefits you can see our 3 benefits of peppermint tea post.
- Ginger can help with nausea and inflammation.
- Lemongrass is thought to relieve pain and swelling and help with menstruation
- Strawberries high in vitamin C and K, and are said to be excellent for heart health and blood sugar control.
An aromatic tea, the cooling peppermint sensations are tamed by the lemongrass with a slight warming sensation of ginger, all culminating in a natural sweetness created by the strawberries. I only use all natural organic ingredients and there are no added sugar or flavourings.
HOW TO MAKE
Each ingredient in looseleaf teas and blends take their own time to release their flavours once they are placed in boiling water. For this reason, it is always best to follow the instructions on the packaging for the temperature it should be and the length of time to be steeped.
Check out how to get the best results below!
- Use fresh water in your kettle or pot boil and boil to 100℃.
- Place 1 tsp of Pep in Your Step per person in your infuser and place in a cup or teapot.
- Pour your hot water into the cup or teapot. For best results leave to steep for about 10 mins.
Want to learn how to make this as an iced tea or cold brew? Why not join us for one of our Mocktail and Cocktail ParTEA’s, book now!
If you have any questions we are always happy to answer them, contact us now.
Have you tried this blend? Let us know what you think of it in the comments below!
Join our CommuniTEA and take 10% off you order and receive a free digital Alice in Wonderland Weekly Planner. We would love to share blog updates and new offers with you!
Hello, I’m Elle a Tea Champion through the UK Tea Academy. I started Mindful Roots Tea as I have a passion for all things tea. I curate delicious, fun, all-natural tea blends that have added wellness benefits.