Rooibos is a very nutrient-rich plant and due to its antioxidants is said to bring about many health benefits. Today we are going to be focusing on the benefits to the skin. The antioxidants in rooibos can help to protect the skin from UV damage and pollution. The anti-inflammatory properties help to soothe the skin, acne and scars.
I had been searching for a vegan rooibos face scrub that I could make at home. However, I couldn’t find any! They all contained honey, so I decided to create my own!
I discovered that maple syrup has similar properties to honey and the antioxidants can help fight wrinkles, dryness, redness, and inflammation.
Check out the recipe below.
VEGAN FACE SCRUB:
- 1 Teaspoon of Mindful Roots Tea Organic Rooibos Loose Leaf
- 1 Tablespoon of Jojoba Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Maple Syrup
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Massage into clean dry skin for 30-60 seconds. Use gentle, circular movements to rid your skin of dead skin cells.
- To use as a mask, leave on for a further 5 minutes and rinse off leaving super soft skin.
A mixture of Rooibos tea leaves and maple syrup will do wonders for your skin, removing dead skin cells and smoothing the skin.
Use once or twice a week.
Struggling with puffy eyes in the morning? Or suffering from a slight rash? why not try this out.
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Mindful Roots Tea Organic Rooibos Loose Leaf
- 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 2 Reusable Cotton facial pads
- Pour the boiling water on the loose-leaf Rooibos tea.
- Leave to brew for 4 – 7 minutes.
- Once brewed strain the leaves, and dip the cotton pads into the infusion.
- Place the cotton pads in the fridge and chill in the fridge overnight.
Place the cotton pads over your eyes and relax while the Rooibos soothes your tired and red eyes.
For more female beauty tips check out our Yoni Steaming blog post.
Tried it? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Please contact a medical professional before using
Hello, I’m Elle a Tea Champion through the UK Tea Academy. I started Mindful Roots Tea as I have a passion for all things tea. I curate delicious, fun, all-natural tea blends that have added wellness benefits.